Members Area - Injury on Duty
If you are unfortunate enough to suffer an injury on duty please see the check list below to help you ensure that you have all the assistance and help you are entitled to. In the first instance you should contact the Federation Office to assist - Click Here to Contact Us
1. Has your supervisor completed all the necessary paperwork after your injury, ie Sussex Police's on-line injury reporting facility?
2. If you believe Sussex Police to be responsible for or at fault in relation to your injury, first submit a report to Civil Claims at Headquarters detailing the circumstances and making claim against the organisation. Copy your report to us at email@example.com. If at any time you are not satisfied with your outcomes, you can seek further advice and help from us. Keep copies of all your correspondence.
3. The Federation office may be able to offer further assistance by pursuing a claim from the CICA on your behalf.
4. You should be informed by your local HR Officer or person responsible for handling sickness and injury notifications that you may wish to register your injury with the Department of Works and Pension to protect your interests in the future. If you are not provided with the necessary form (BI100A) or details of how to go about this you can contact a Rep who will assist you in completing the forms online at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017784. The Department will decide whether your injury counts as an industrial accident and if so will send you an accident declaration. The DWP will also keep a record of the decision in case you ever need to claim benefit because of your industrial accident. You should, obviously, keep the accident declaration in a safe place as should you need to claim under the CICA scheme this documentation will be required.
5. Do you donate to Flint House (this will show as convalescent home on your pay slip) as you may wish to aid your recovery by attending a two week stay there. If you do not donate and would like to discuss this with the Federation team.
6. The PF Claimline is also available for personal injuries ON OR OFF duty.
Injury Off Duty
1. Are you subscribing to the Life Accident Scheme? If so, you may be able to claim from your insurance. Please discuss this with the Federation team.
2. Do you donate to Flint House (this will show as convalescent home on your pay slip) as you may wish to aid your recovery by attending a two week stay there. If you do not donate and would like to discuss this with the Federation team.
3. The PF Claimline is also available for personal injuries ON OR OFF duty.