Dates for changes to Equality Act
I promised an update on the dates of implementation of the provisions of the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 (ERRA). BIS has recently published an updated timetable which gives the following dates for a number of employment matters relevant to police officers...
- The Public Interest Disclosure Act (whistleblowing) will be changed from 25 June 2013 - a disclosure will not have to be made "in good faith" but will have to be "in the public interest" and employers will be made vicariously liable for workers who victimise whistleblowers.
- Fees for registering an Employment Tribunal case will come in on 29 July 2013 - for discrimination claims the issue fee is Â£250 and the hearing fee is Â£950
- The third-party harassment provisions of the Equality Act 2010 (s. 65) will be removed with effect from 1 October 2013
- The statutory discrimination questionnaires provisions of the Equality Act (s66) will be repealed from 6 April 2014 - but this won't stop an applicant asking the questions in a letter or email.
- Applicants to an Employment Tribunal will first have to go through an early conciliation (EC) process through ACAS from 6 April 2014.